What would your Father Drive?
2017 MARKS THE 64TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE VERMONT AUTOMOBILE ENTHUSIASTS AND OUR 14TH ANNUAL CLASSIC AUTO FESTIVAL IN COLLABORATION WITH THE SHELBURNE MUSEUM
This year also marks the 50th anniversary of an iconic American automobile: the Chevrolet Camaro. Currently in its 6th generation, the Camaro was introduced in 1967 to compete with the Ford Mustang. In tribute to the Camaro, a special invitation goes out to all Camaro owners, who are invited to bring their cars regardless of age or condition to be prominently displayed on the Museum grounds for the Fathers' Day Weekend Show at the Museum.
On this occasion of Fathers' Day Weekend, we are reminded of the "Cars of Our Fathers" with a small tribute to our dads, and other family members, too.
It will be the 14th VAE show to grace the museum’s 45 acres, right on Route 7, near Lake Champlain. The event will take place June 16-18, 2017.
Join us in Celebrating Father's Day Weekend and the 50th anniversary of the Camaro
We are welcoming all vehicles 1992 and earlier to participate in this celebration!
All entrants will receive a Dash Plaque and 4 passes to the Festival and the Museum for the 3 days.
All entrant's cars will be positioned on the Museum grounds according to decade of manufacture, as there will be no vehicle classes or judging.
Awards in several categories will be presented on Sunday.
The venue of the Museum makes this more than just a car show; it is an event for your whole family featuring many hands-on displays throughout the Museum grounds, with its expansive collection of Vermont historical exhibits, buildings and artifacts.
We look forward to seeing you in June. Rain or Shine!
Museum and Festival open to the public throughout the Festival.
- Special vehicle displays
- Valve covers and Hot Wheels racing
- Events of interest announced throughout the day for both children and adults
- Hands-on fun events for the kids
- Take selfies in vintage cars (with permission)
- Sunday, a Fashion Show and Costume Contest will take place. There will be a Parade from the Pizzagalli Center for Art and Education to the deck on the Steamboat SS Ticonderoga.
- Please No Pets, Bikes or Camping
- All vehicles must be model year 1992 or earlier.
- All vehicles must have proof of insurance on the Museum grounds.
- All vehicles must have a fully-charged UL approved fire extinguisher, displayed alongside a front tire.