Save the date – Fathers’ Day weekend for the VAE/Shelburne Museum Classic Auto Festival, June 15 & 16, 2019.
2019 marks the 66th anniversary of the Vermont Automobile Enthusiasts and the 16th Classic Auto Festival presented in collaboration with Shelburne Museum.
This year, we’re celebrating the vehicles which are gaining popularity every day. TRUCKS! Once used strictly in agriculture and commerce, trucks have displaced sedans as the “family car.” Indeed, this trend has caused many manufacturers to discontinue production of passenger cars altogether. With this in mind, we invite all owners of any type of truck made in 1994 or earlier to register and bring their vehicle to Shelburne Museum for this Fathers’ Day Weekend celebration. All registered trucks will be prominently displayed during the Auto Festival.
During the Festival, we invite registrants and spectators to display, on several large bulletin boards, photos of their fathers’ and other family members’ cars and trucks and other automotive memories.
We welcome all vehicles 1994 and older to participate in this celebration! All Registrants receive:
- A dashboard plaque
- Four (4) passes to the Festival and the Museum for two (2) days—read about ticket pricing and Museum exhibitions at www.shelburnemuseum.org
- Reception on Saturday
- Lunch on Sunday
Shelburne Museum—with its 45 acres, 39 buildings, 22 gardens, and over 100,000 items of art, design, history, and Americana—is an exceptional venue for the Classic Auto Festival. On site you will find a steamboat, carousel, locomotive, antique wagons and buggies, special exhibitions, paintings by Impressionist masters and American artists like Wyeth, Homer, and more. Learn more at www.shelburnemuseum.org.
- Museum and Festival open to the public throughout the Auto Festival.
- Trucks will have their own special display area.
- Participating Car Clubs will have their own special display areas.
- Hands-on early automotive activities like crank-starting an engine, assembling a 1910 Sears car at the Shelburne Museum Train Depot, ignition-timing adjustment and more.
- Lecture by noted early-motorized transportation expert, mechanic and writer Pierce Reid.
- Display showing the restoration process from rough condition to show-ready.
- Stationary engine display
- Film documentaries about early automobiles and automotive adventures.
- Antique car talks: registrants will introduce their vehicles, offering spectators an opportunity to learn about their interesting features.
- Reception for registrants on Saturday.
- Awards will be given to Oldest Truck, Oldest Car, Most Original (Unrestored) Vehicle, Farthest Driven Vehicle, Museum Director’s Award, and Chairman’s Award.
- Lunch for registrants on Sunday.
- Please no pets, bikes, camping, or tents.
- All display vehicles must have proof of insurance for admission to the Museum Grounds.
- All display vehicles must have a fully charged UL approved fire extinguisher, placed alongside a front tire.
Ramble down memory lane this Father’s Day Weekend and celebrate trucks at the Shelburne Museum Classic Auto Festival! Featuring vehicles from every era, this popular event unites our past, present, and future. Join us—your dad would be proud!
We look forward to seeing you in June, rain or shine!