What would your Father Drive?
2017 MARKS THE 64TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE VERMONT AUTOMOBILE ENTHUSIASTS AND OUR 14TH ANNUAL CLASSIC AUTO FESTIVAL IN COLLABORATION WITH THE SHELBURNE MUSEUM
This year also marks the 50th anniversary of an iconic American automobile: the Chevrolet Camaro. Currently in its 6th generation, the Camaro was introduced in 1967 to compete with the Ford Mustang. In tribute to the Camaro, a special invitation goes out to all Camaro owners, who are invited to bring their cars regardless of age or condition to be prominently displayed on the Museum grounds for the Fathers’ Day Weekend Show at the Museum.
On this occasion of Fathers’ Day Weekend, we are reminded of the “Cars of Our Fathers” with a small tribute to our dads, and other family members, too. We will have several large bulletin boards available for registrants to display copies of photos of the cars their fathers and other family members drove in the past, so please bring copies of photos you might care to share to be displayed along side the photomontages of the images shown on the brochure and posters for this year’s show.
It will be the 14th VAE show to grace the museum’s 45 acres, right on Route 7, near Lake Champlain. The event will take place June 16-18, 2017.
Join us in Celebrating Father’s Day Weekend and the 50th anniversary of the Camaro
We are welcoming all vehicles 1992 and earlier to participate in this celebration!
All entrants will receive a Dash Plaque and 4 passes to the Festival and the Museum for the 3 days. For Shelburne Museum Admission Fees for attendees not registering a car click here.
All entrant’s cars will be positioned on the Museum grounds according to decade of manufacture, as there will be no vehicle classes or judging.
The venue of the Museum makes this more than just a car show; it is an event for your whole family featuring many hands-on displays throughout the Museum grounds, with its expansive collection of Vermont historical exhibits, buildings and artifacts.
We look forward to seeing you in June. Rain or Shine!
Museum and Festival open to the public throughout the Festival.
- Special vehicle displays
- Friday, 1-2:30 PM, “Lecture by Pierce Reid in the Horse Shoe Barn, The Transition from Carriage Design to Automobile Design” – Pierce has substantial expertise on the subject of early motorized transportation which he will be sharing during his lecture and plans to include time to answer attendees’ questions after 2:30 PM on Friday June 16th.
- Showing of the Horatio’s Drive: America’s First Road Trip, DVD (times & place to be announced)
- Events of interest announced throughout the day for both children and adults
- Hands-on fun events for the kids
- Take selfies in vintage cars (with permission)
- Sunday 11:30am, a Fashion Show and Costume Contest will take place. There will be a Parade from the Pizzagalli Center for Art and Education to the deck on the Steamboat SS Ticonderoga.
- Please No Pets, Bikes or Camping
- All vehicles must be model year 1992 or earlier.
- All vehicles must have proof of insurance on the Museum grounds.
- All vehicles must have a fully-charged UL approved fire extinguisher, displayed alongside a front tire