Welcome to the Vermont Automobile Enthusiasts (Classic and Antique Car Club), Vermont’s largest antique and classic car club.
From Auburns to Wasps, from fire engines to military vehicles, we care passionately about preserving the automobiles from the early era of transportation right up through to the present so that future generations might benefit.
Take in VAE’s 2023 Vermont Antique & Classic Car Meet
Check Out VAE on YouTube!
Recent Wheel Tracks Articles
- 1980 MGB Mark IV
- Happy 90th Birthday, Mom!
- Happy Birthday Vermont Automobile Enthusiasts!
- What Difference 70 Years Makes!
- What a Way to Fight a Fire!
- 1941 Dodge 1/2 ton Pickup WC
About Vermont Auto Enthusiasts
The Vermont Automobile Enthusiasts was founded around a kitchen table in Essex Junction, Vermont by a small group of vintage automobile enthusiasts in 1953. It has continued to grow in membership and activity, and now has members not only from Vermont, but nationally and even internationally, among people who share an interest in all things related to automobiles and automotive history. VAE members are invited to monthly meets to explore Vermont’s scenic drives at the wheels of their prized autos in warmer months and visit historic sites and facilities of automotive or historic interest when indoor venues are called for. These include garage tours, restoration shops, and historically significant museum collections which add to each member’s enjoyment. And, yes, there’s a fair amount of car talk too. To the general public, we are probably best known for our annual Vermont Antique and Classic Car Meet, now held in Waterbury, Vermont which is the high point of our yearly activity.
The VAE is now a 501 c (3) non-profit educational and charitable organization devoted to encouraging and supporting education of young people in fields related to automotive technology and history. Proceeds from our car show, as well as individual donations, go to support this educational outreach.
The VAE proudly provides and supports these educational programs:
- The Golden Wrench Award: This award is presented annually to one junior in each of the sixteen automotive technical career centers in Vermont. The award consists primarily of a valuable tool set and $500 scholarship for continued post- secondary education in an automotive related field. The winning students are selected by their teaching faculty in recognition of their demonstrated dedication to their education.
- Skills USA: We provide financial support to help career center students who are first place winners in the state wide Skills competition in four automotive related competitions. This support helps with the expense of representing Vermont in the national competition to which they are invited.
- VAE Automotive Seniors Scholarship: We are now annually awarding six $1,000 scholarships to Vermont high school seniors who intend to pursue further education in the automotive field. They are selected based on their applications which describe their career goals and indicate how they intend to achieve them through further education.
We are a 450-family member organization and we’re crazy about wheels!